Specs update

I’m a huge fan of defaults. Most times someone more experienced or smarter than I made the call as to what it should be. If I can tweak the settings (or work around a default) that’s good too. But good defaults let me concentrate on the things I’m good at and lets the machine do what it’s good at. :+1:

11 Likes

Thanks it sort of makes more sense now !

1 Like

Cool! If it’s not way too much to ask could you add the metrics to it… just to check I’m getting the info right… please!

2 Likes

a better one

1 Like

Happy Birthday BTW!! :birthday:

2 Likes

Happy cakeday @mary_jimfier

2 Likes

Thanks!! :slight_smile:

Thanks but it’s not my birthday … =\ I don’t know what the cake means… but thanks anyway :wink:

Hey congrats to you I think I read somewhere that you are "the chosen one " hehe to receive a pre-release GF!!! And since you are a regular do you know what the cake means??

I believe it’s your 1 year anniversary of ordering your glowforge.

3 Likes

One year anniversary of Joining the Forum. (For the single slice.) Birthday for the full cake. :smile:

Happy CakeDay @mary_jimfier!

5 Likes

@Pprmntpaty Oh thank you guys!!

3 Likes

What happens if you joined the forum on your birthday? :scream:

7 Likes

13 Likes

:birthday: with a :cake: on top?!?!

2 Likes

Thanks for the update, I really appreciate that you’re being upfront about the downside. For what it’s worth, I think I’m a lot more excited about a 2" material depth sans tray than I am bummed about the slight reduction in working area.

It’s also good to hear about the exhaustive pre-ship email. Yeah, it’s a lot of info, but as a customer that’s exactly the kind of thing I want and need on a purchase like this.

8 Likes

Did we just invent a cacaken???

11 Likes

Either that or the equivalent to a Jägerbomb. I usually err on the side of alcohol, so you can probably guess which one I’d prefer.

5 Likes

Any chance of pro-like movement of objects in the basic 'Forge to take advantage of the non-cuttable area?

IE I have an object that is 13’’ deep. I engrave or cut the bottom 11’’, then shift it in the ‘forge to get to the other 2’’?

If I understand correctly, the pro slot features may not be enabled off the bat (haven’t been paying super-close attention since I’m getting a Basic), but once they exist for Pro it would be nice to let Basic users also take advantage in at least a limited way…

5 Likes

Eventually…

5 Likes