Spice jar labels

Many months ago, I bought a set of 30 spice jars, and figured out settings to get a nice engrave on the lids. The problem is, they are not clear in the gloomy cabinet, and despite keeping them in alphabetical order, it bugged me that they weren’t as clear as I had hoped.

So I finally bit the bullet, and bought a sheet of 0.05" clear acrylic from Home Depot this morning (it’s sold as anti-glare picture frame “glass substitute”), and reverse-engraved labels for them. Metallic gold, white, engrave, satin black. Very happy with the result!

(I’ve been working on a GF-made replacement for my tiered storage rack, stay tuned…)

35 Likes

Very nice!! I should see if I can find some of that at our Home Depot!

3 Likes
4 Likes

Awesome! Thanks so much for the link!

2 Likes

Nice practical cut/engrave.

3 Likes

That came out really nice.

3 Likes

That’s very nice! I have been wanting to reorganize our spices (currently in a wall rack, in a cupboard and on the counter), and had been thinking of labeling the tops of the jars & putting them in a drawer…I really like how yours came out…thank you also for linking to the material!

2 Likes

I’d link to the jars but they are no longer available. Very happy with them, however…

3 Likes

Nice! Looking forward to seeing the whole project.

3 Likes

Would a stain or an oil Sharpie adhere to the original lasering?

3 Likes

Looks great. No fun to have to hunt for a spice.

Hope to see your replacement rack soon!

1 Like

The right jar has a paint marker in the engrave, I just couldn’t get it to show up as well as I had hoped.

1 Like

When I first saw this I thought it said Space Jars… I wondered what is a Space Jar, I may want one. Needles to say I was a little disappointed when I reread the title and found out they were not Space Jars. They are however nice Spice Jars :smile:

4 Likes

Space jars are for storing your Space Jam in.

Thank you. I’ll be here all week.

5 Likes

Pretty sure I shared this before but couldn’t find it. I made little trays so they sit in the spice cabinet at the right angle to see and grab as needed. Very happy with this project overall…

5 Likes