Thanks, this community is the best!

Thanks!

Thanks again for your generosity!

2 Likes

Would it be an idea to export as pdf?

2 Likes

Cool!

2 Likes

Woke up this morning thinking maybe my preferences got reset last month when I tried to install the newer version of Inkscape on my mac. Didnā€™t work, so I restored the old version. Checked my settings and they are at 96 dpi. I thought that was the correct setting for interpretation by the GFUI - also for pulling in ai exported files. When I pull your file directly into the GFUI, it does read correctly at 10" sq for the bowl part. I then set the dpi to 72 and opened a fresh copy of your file. The bowl still reads at 8" sq. Moral of the story is - pull your files directly into the GFUI, bypassing Inkscape!

4 Likes

I saved it as a pdf. See if that makes a difference. If it works I will save as both in the future. :slight_smile:
New_Square_bowl_10in_1.pdf (65.6 KB)

3 Likes

Success!!! Opened a new GF template file in Inkscape, imported the new pdf file and the square bowl reads 10" sq! That will do the trick for me and I suspect a lot of other people. Thanks for experimenting that with me. :slightly_smiling_face: Iā€™ll print one later, running another job right now.

1 Like

Glad it worked out! This is how we learn. I will now post pdfs.

1 Like

The cherry version! This will be for a friend who has a lot of cherry wood in his house, including Shaker furniture. It will fit in perfectly! Thanks again for the great design - my husband was marveling at it too - and for producing the pdf. I see youā€™re pdfing all your previous designs - did I say youā€™re awesome?!!!

IMG_2714

10 Likes

Looks great in Cherry! I am glad it worked for you!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the design. Very kind of you! Very cool that it is dual purpose.

2 Likes

Glad you like it! I love dual design when I can do it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Really cool. Will try this one tonight :smiley: Thanks for sharing your design!

1 Like

Cool canā€™t wait to see it!

Amazing!!! Thanks for sharing!!

1 Like

You are welcome!

Thank you so much. I will be using this for food risers and bowls for our company group eventsā€¦ ! This is spectacular and I canā€™t wait to make it! Ditto on everyone elseā€™s ā€œyouā€™re awesome for doing thisā€ comments!!!

2 Likes

That you so much! Donā€™t forget to run 2 additional square leg attachments. I couldnā€™t get it all to fit on one board. :slight_smile:

Will do - thanks again!

1 Like