Splatter when engraving acrylic

I did the design in Inkscape to make it all vectors. DIdn’t quite match the fonts, but was going for demonstration rather than accuracy.

Poke around this file and see how it works and you might be able to understand a bit how the design files work. The text is converted to paths. The logo was traced within Inkscape of a bitmap I found online. Cleaned it up so it is a closed filled path with no stroke color.

If the logo and the text were all black, you would have have a more efficient engraving because it would do all the engrave at once.

I suggest doing the logo as a different operation, here made possible by giving it a different color. If you would use the default engrave settings but chose manual engrave. Keep settings but simply change the focus for Proofgrade thin acrylic on that one operation to .18". That will defocus a bit and give a nice mottled texture to the engrave of the logo and elminate any raster line artifacts.

WEYLANDBADGE
Now I’m going to see me some Blade Runner!

5 Likes

Wow that is awesome. I will check it out.

Indeed, this does appear to be JPG noise that is being accurately reproduced in the print.

1 Like