Stained glass chicken

I’m a glass artist, mostly working in kiln formed glass but also occasionally stained glass. I hate foiling and soldering, so Glowforge is the answer! Thought folks might enjoy this. :joy:

45 Likes

Beautiful! I’m so impressed with how tight your edges are!

5 Likes

Here are some others with kiln formed glass.

27 Likes

I love it. You have inspired me and now I must act on it.

5 Likes

I like the Chicken, but love those white flower shapes in the background.

I have also been a glass artist working in many approaches from furnace to lathe to oven, but also developed a means bordering on ceramics that made flower petals that became flowers, and wondering if those flowers might have worked that way.

5 Likes

I love it!!! You should sell these!

3 Likes

It is nice to have a Glowforge to enable the production of your art. Your soldering iron may gather dust/rust. Love your chicken.

3 Likes

Those are paper flower samples! I used to do a lot of paper work and that is a remnant. I just like the look of it so I keep it up. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

It’s already sold in fact! :+1:

3 Likes

My my my, I love your work!! I am also inspired to learn more about this technique. Amazing!

2 Likes

YES! One of my FAVORITE DadJokes ever! And with the added “chicken thigh” on the other side… EPIC.

I have lots of glass samples, and this should be an easy technique to use them. (Though mine are not really transparent.)

3 Likes

Fantastic work

1 Like

The chicken is really cool, but the Googie inspired art is out of this world!

1 Like

The mixed media is really fun. I love when I see new ideas that inspire me to try new things.

2 Likes

So creative and artsy. Love it.

1 Like