Wife says “Here… You’re always looking for a new project. The stand for this thing broke a long time ago. Wanna make a new one?”
It’s our Son’s, so I asked him what material he wanted the stand made out of. He decided on transparent yellow acrylic. He said it would go nicely with the green liquid. So a few measurements later I had a basic design. A couple of battles with kerf and also a couple of battles with my own stupidity (forgot to add length to the stand posts after removing a section for the slots and mis-measured something else). And I made this:
I ultimately won the kerf war. Those stand posts are a perfect tight fit. No weld needed. Although I might anyway.
I thought that pic made it seem like the sides fan out or something. So…
This wasn’t , but using the settings for clear acrylic worked absolutely perfectly.