Star Trek TNG Ship Plaque

My wife plays a ST:TNG based RPG and she has her own ship (naturally, she’s the captain :smile:). As a Christmas gift for a friend she created a dedication plaque. She made sure to research the canon to have the format and content correct (of course). She already has a 6’x3’ cross-section poster of her ship as well. :laughing:

Pictures are after the initial print and then after spray painting. Her friend was ecstatic with the final result!

32 Likes

Perfect gift for an avid fan!

2 Likes

Looks official. Well done.

2 Likes

This would look great in Brass etched with Ferric Chloride.
Take a brass plate, Rub with scotchbrite 00, paint with Krylon Maxx Matte black.
Use the laser remove areas of the Krylon you want to be recessed (Black) 2 passes probably for best results. Lighty buff the etch with scotchbrite 00. Etch with Ferric Chloride. Use acetone to remove the paint resist. Spray a light coat of black again and squeegie off the excess. Let dry and Sand off the excess paint with 400-800 sandpaper on a flat sanding block.

8 Likes

Super cool, man. Did they give Niven an official nod in Trek canon that I missed, or did she just use the name because she’s a fan?

I have to agree that this is the project that merits learning how to etch metal!

1 Like

Looks awesome!

1 Like

I’m not sure how the name got picked, they’ve been playing it for a while.

@GrooveStranger - we started playing a published scenario that had the PCs on the USS Niwen. We found it awkward to say, so it became “Niven” to us. :smile: Took some liberties as the original published adventure was written for TOS era when we wanted to play TNG era. Ship was originally a Chandley class, but ours is a Nebula.

…and this is probably WAAY more info than you actually wanted. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This looks great!

For quite a while I’ve been thinking of doing something similar for a Firefly class ship.

I’ve read some great things about the ST:TNG RPG. I may have to dive into it.

3 Likes

Very nice! :grinning:

1 Like