Star Wars Aztec Bamboo Phone Case w/ Pop Socket

Huge fan of @nopal62 (David Gonzalez) Star Wars Aztec design, and put it on a pop socket and bamboo case for my Galaxy S9+. The pop socket part is just cherry veneer. Bamboo case was purchased from Amazon.

40 Likes

Nice job on the alignment. Did you eyeball it or work out some more complicated and theoretically accurate solution?

3 Likes

I made a jig to ensure centering. I used calipers to measure the bamboo part of the case so it wouldn’t laser the plastic on the case.

3 Likes

A-mazing!

2 Likes

Doh, I didn’t read the name on the original post, I wouldn’t have asked otherwise. Of course you did it the precise way, you’re @pubultrastar.

4 Likes

I just want to live vicariously through your projects and learn the dark side of the kerf.

7 Likes

Adjust for the cut, you must.

I actually worked up a complex new inlay design today that looks like it will work but be a bit of a nightmare. I need to ease the corners and then pick a couple days when I want to do gluing and sanding.

3 Likes

Excellent.

2 Likes

This is absolutely beautiful. I mean, I already loved that design, but this usage with the pop-out Vader is sexy as all hell.

Totes shared it with my Stormtroopers hockey team - like half those ladies have pop-sockets on their phones!

3 Likes

Very cool. I agree @nopal62 made an amazing Star Wars artwork.

2 Likes

Now I know there is something strong than fear — far stronger. The Kerf.

2 Likes

That’s awesome looking!

1 Like

Talk about eye-catching!

3 Likes