Star Wars Rolling Pin

Testing the ability to engrave a mini rolling pin to use for baking cookies. This mini rolling pin can be found here.

I always seem to use Star Wars in my prototypes and testing, so of course I used the Rebels and Empire logos. I made a little stand to keep it in place with the crumb tray removed, and would be happy to share if anyone wants it. Now, it looks like I’ll need to bake some cookies.

33 Likes

Nice! I’m working on one engraved into veneer…this seems simpler!

4 Likes

Thanks for the link and showing us your work.

3 Likes

Nice!
Functional question: how do you keep dough from getting stuck in the details?

1 Like

Floulr I would assume, I’ll let you know once I test it and see if it works out.

2 Likes

I just got a rolling pin in the mail for this purpose and was waiting for some sort of inspiration as to what to put on as a repetitive pattern, I was thinking of barbed wire but then couldn’t think of an instance where I would want barbwire cookies. I dig this. Maybe R2-D2 and BB8

3 Likes

Anything Star Wars is cool in my book!

3 Likes

Great project :slight_smile: What does the pattern look like on the material being rolled out? do you need to manipulate the images? like stretch or shrink them in the vertical to make say a circle on the cylinder make a circle on the dough?

Unknown. I’ll post pics after I try it. I didn’t manipulate the images at all to compensate for the curve.

1 Like

Would make cool decor.

1 Like

Yeah, can’t wait to see it in action!

2 Likes

Nice…these are not the cookies you are looking for!

4 Likes

Come to the dark side - we have cookies!

3 Likes

And chocolate! :yum:
#Necrogame

2 Likes

I would love the file for the stand! Where did you get the mini rolling pin?

Thanks!

I’d love to see pictures of the cookies!

Love it :smiley:

1 Like