Starter Proof Grade Materials

Just curious…what are some of the materials that initially come with the Glowforge? It just says it’s $75 worth of materials. I did a search here to see if it was already posted, but the only ones I found were several years ago.

1 Like

You will probably get draftboard, acrylic, leather and plywood.

2 Likes

Key word with @dklgood is “probably”, because it changes depending on what they have in stock.

1 Like

I kinda figured it’s based on what’s in stock. So, I guess it will just be a mystery until it arrives. Who doesn’t like a little surprise from time to time?

2 Likes

So, a little bit of each category in the Glowforge Store then. Sounds good. I was just wondering because I was given a $150 gift card for their store. Might be best to wait before placing any orders for proof grade materials. It’s also good for parts. However, I think most of what’s available in the store is covered under my warranty for 12 months if it were to break.

2 Likes

I would use that credit to buy extra parts to have on hand in case of issues. Don’t use the money for materials. Your wallet and your pricing and your customers will thank you for getting materials somewhere else and doing the sanding, finishing and taping yourself. The cost of the PG materials isn’t worth it.

1 Like

That depends on what you are doing. I use exotic species, and larger and thicker materials, and engrave a lot. But if you are making cutouts of 1/8 materials the extra finish and masking can be worth the expense.

Also if you are just starting out, and mess up some sheets they might possibly be replaced if you send pictures and ask.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.