State Caddy Designs - Living Hinge

I started the process this week of creating Caddy or Candy Dishes for all 50 states. Should be done with most of them by the end of this week. Was inspired or pushed by mike734734 to design one for Michigan and because of all my other projects took some time to rework my original one. Now I am working on the rest of the states and should be done in the next 1.5 weeks. What do you think?

62 Likes

Very cool! Great idea.

7 Likes

These are AWESOME! Any plans on selling the plans. I would buy the Texas one in a heartbeat.

I could design one myself, but I don’t want to steal your idea.

9 Likes

Just check his Etsy shop, the link is in his profile.

8 Likes

Awesome. I see he is selling the svg file for Texas! Thanks!

6 Likes

These are cool looking. Some of the curves are pretty tight. Any issues with the hinges?

4 Likes

I have instructions on how to do it but basically wetting the hinge, then feeding it through, I have found specifically working on these two that it works best starting at the bottom and working up. But it will be a case by case going forward.

5 Likes

hawaii is going to be interesting

5 Likes

Yeah, that is one I might not do, but I might figure out a way. Then there are ones like colorado that are just a rectangle. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What a great idea, and marvelous with the living hinges. Must be tricky though to do some of those!

2 Likes

I was just going to say - I bet Colorado was the hardest one to make! LOL (just kidding)

Hawaii would be awesome, actually. And so interesting!

5 Likes

Great idea! Think these will go very well for your shop. Your work is impeccable!

5 Likes

Very cool idea! I’m sure these will be great sellers!

4 Likes

Will be looking for Wisconsin, have always liked your designs. Especially like the tighter living hinge, looks much better than the diamond shape.

5 Likes

That is a clever idea. Living hinges are something i’ve not had a lot of time to work with.

3 Likes

Washington State, must have one!

Maybe for Hawai’i, you can make a living hinge along the volcano ridgeline, and have the islands perched on top? (It will be an “outie” instead of an “innie”)

6 Likes

Great work! Is sure there will be tons of folks showing interest!

5 Likes

These are great! I hope to see a Alaska one :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Do all 50 states fit together? Awesome design and details.

2 Likes

These are amazing!!!

1 Like