Steampunk Airship Book Nook

Another book nook. This one was for the latest challenge in the International Miniature Challenge group on Facebook. The challenge theme was “The Window”.

Nearly everything in this nook cut and/or scored on the Glowforge. The outer box is 1/8" Baltic Birch (with light chipboard accents). The inner bits are made of 1/16" basswood plywood, medium chipboard and light chipboard. I particularly love how the instrument panel came out.

66 Likes

That is pretty awesome. Surely you placed in the competition.?.

14 Likes

Wow, wow, wow. I love what you did @traci_akierman.

Such fine detail, that transports you into another dimension and makes you question reality.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

You get first prize in my book.

15 Likes

Yeah this is outstanding.

13 Likes

Deadline is this Friday. I’m not sure I’ll place as I have some stiff competition!

14 Likes

Oh that is the coolest one I’ve ever seen! I love everything about it. I’d say you nailed it. Best of luck!

16 Likes

Wow, I really love it. The thing I like the best is the lighting effects. The backlit “window” along with the ceiling light fixture both combine for a very believable and beautiful scene.

17 Likes

Your projects are always so beautifully executed. I agree that the instrument panel is terrific, but so are those benches and the floor and the chair and the walls…

15 Likes

That is absolutely stunning! And who cares if you have stiff competition? What do you think yours is?!! Competition!! I truly love this one!

12 Likes

That is gorgeous! And bonus points for one of my favorite book series :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I’m in love with this. Details are amazing. Now I need join that Facebook group!

16 Likes

You should! It’s one of my favourite groups. Everyone is so helpful and likes to share.

13 Likes

Amazing!

11 Likes

The detail in everything is :kissing_heart: :ok_hand:
I want to walk in and have a seat!

17 Likes

That is spectacular!!

13 Likes

I thought I heard the Conductor say, “All aboard for Enceladus!” I want to go on that journey.

@traci_akierman Not only is it beautiful design and execution, but it invites the viewer to slip their own imagination in there.

15 Likes

That is absolutely amazing! The details! :heart_eyes:

13 Likes

Wow! So spectacular! Such a beautiful piece!

12 Likes

Wow! That’s gorgeous! I love all the detail.

Are you running the lights off batteries?

12 Likes

I like the way you think. :sunglasses:

13 Likes