Steampunk Bookends

This is awesome! I got mine in June and taught myself as well, but this community is not only so gracious but also so talented and willing to help! Welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes, so after painting and letting it dry with primary color (silver or copper), I normally start with black paint and a small piece of painters sponge and just dab around different locations, it really is to what you like and how much paint to use and if you want to try other paints I normally use about 4-5. Here is a pic of what it normally starts off as, hope it helps.

19 Likes

Great Job, thanks for the info, I bet a lot of people want to know your tips. I’d been looking into this topic but to see a great example helps alot.

1 Like

Holy smokes, your work is awesome! I sure hope you intend to show us some more of it.

1 Like

I actually do have a few more items to share with you all, but it’ll have to wait till later today, I’m headed into work now. Thanks again for all the kind words.

2 Likes

Holy cow these are great!

Beautiful work @W.Holguin! Please, keep sharing-it’s a great friendly and creative community!

Wow – those are amazing!

very cool! Your work is amazing! I really like how you layered everything.

Amazing work! Making waiting on my Glowforge to get here even harder

Nice work! I think bookends are the new LED lamp. I predict bookends will gain popularity in the Forum in the coming months. Right up the GF alley! Good inspiration!!

2 Likes

Quite fabulous! Thanks for sharing your work with us!

1 Like

You really geared up a winner. Please show us more.

2 Likes

They are beautiful :purple_heart:

1 Like

Excellent work. Thanks for sharing the pics and tips.

This.is.awesome!