STEM Ocean night activity

We are hosting a STEM K-5th night this friday night. I’m tasked with creating an activity using the laser cutter that can accommodate quite a few families. I will have sessions with 15 families at once.
The theme is ocean/ under water/ marine science.
Anyone have anything they have created already they are willing to share? I’m thinking of maybe having each student create some sort of fish I can trace and cut, then place on a larger ocean scene or something like that.

1 Like

Well there are always dioramas to make or layered pieces showing the various elements of marine life. Here is artwork to spur your imagination: Layered Paper Cut Ocean frame!

5 Likes

Neat!

Having each person colour one of these and they then assemble into one giant puzzle - though that’s more you churning out things on the laser than getting them involved…though they could draw their names and then you could engrave that into each fish:

4 Likes

thanks for this -this is cool - however when I download and upload the file, all of the lines are set to cut (where I believe the inside lines for design should be engrave and the outside lines cut, correct?

I believe the inside lines should be scored (not engraved) - and sadly users cannot make that set automatically, only the designs that come from :glowforge: itself have that.

So, select that section and switch it to score in the GFUI :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.