Steps Feature Request

Hi there, would like to add this to the feature request list if possible.

When the machine is working through the steps outlined, it would be great if the step could change colors, like green or something so we have a visual where we are in the process on the job.

I run my machines all day and for certain jobs I like to be at the machine for the cutting. But I don’t exactly know when that

will be. Having a visual aid would help me with that and I suspect others too.

11 Likes

I like this idea!

7 Likes

I like that idea, too! Just so you know…support no longer monitors this forum, so the only way to ask them to add your idea to the ‘hopper’ is to send them an email directly. Support@glowforge.com

8 Likes

Thank you, I’ll do that. :heart_hands:

4 Likes

I definitely rely on the sound change between engraving and cutting, but yes a visual would be a lovely addition!

Of course that would require that the :glowforge: remain connected to the server after the cut starts so it’ll add a layer of difficulty, but if the failure was just that the update was wrong and not that the print job stops running that would be just fine.

5 Likes

There’s also a “suggestions” channel on the Discord.

4 Likes

It will always be in the last few minutes. If the total will be two hours
engraving will be 95% of the time and the end pat will be worth it. Or you can run the engraving first and without changing anything else put the engrave on ignore and run the cut. I frequently fli[p the cut out piece without moving the rest and just engrave the other side

3 Likes

Thanks, I don’t use Discord. I did email the suggestion in.

2 Likes

Thanks, I realize that after thousands of cuts but I’m super busy with multiple machine types and thought a visual might be a good suggestion.

1 Like

Does anyone else remember the very early days (might have been pre-release) where we actually saw an in-progress image in red as our job proceeded? I wish we had an option to show that again.

9 Likes

I do! I do! I missed that when it went away.

3 Likes

No, it was post release. I remember Dan announcing it going away it was apparently some sort of a performance issue.

2 Likes

I recall someone saying their kids preferred to watch that preview over the actual laser!

2 Likes

Like kids or cats with boxes instead of the actual toy.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.