Sterling Silver Etching

Hi all.
Does anybody have any experience of engraving silver ? We are aware that you probably require a bonding spray such as laserbond 100 , but are interested to know if anybody has any settings that are tried and tested before the experimentation begins. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I did a quick search of the forum and found this post, maybe it will be helpful. >Here

4 Likes

Thank you for the link, most helpful.

Just in case it helps anybody. After doing some testing on some silver jewellery we had floating about we’ve had positive results with laserbond 100. Glowforge set to full power, speed 10-20 %, with text LPI set to round 500. Crisp results with complete unremovable bond.

9 Likes

I just had a neighbor ask me to engrave her daughter’s first communion pendant. It is sterling silver, she wants her name and her saints name, possibly the date. Does laserbond affect sterling silver negatively? any recommendations?

Thank you! I’ve been searching everywhere on how to engrave on sterling silver!!! Do you have a pic you could post?

Welcome to the community. This person hasn’t been active on the forum for over 2 years now, so it’s likely you won’t get a response.

Hi ,
I am still here and have just seen your message . I will try and get you a picture over tomorrow and also the details of the laser bond .

2 Likes

Welcome back! Was it a good nap? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, well…your ears must have been burning. Welcome back!

1 Like

It was a very long nap :slight_smile: . A case of life taking over all my free time (glowforge time ).

2 Likes

Hi. I’ve tried some silver marking with brilliance. It looked good but after a bit rubbed off. So have you found the laserbond’s marking still intact after this time? I would love to see your results.