Still hung up

That is top notch. Good work!

4 Likes

Well, thanks…but hardly! Actually, I’m just beginning to become more proficient at designing and preparing files. The latter part owes to receiving LOTS of help from forum members here.

7 Likes

Embossing powder…actually plastic. You use an adhesive pen to mark the parts to be embossed, sprinkle the powder on, shake/tap the excess off, then use a heat gun to melt it on.

26 Likes

Neat. Will have to try that

9 Likes

Very cool! Totally have to try that! Any recommendation for brand to look for, etc.? Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Not really…I bought Ranger brand, but I think there are a couple others, as well. Here’s the first ‘coin’ I made;

If you read down in the post, there’s a photo of my powder supply and also some mention of how it’s done.

7 Likes

In the stamp dept at Craft stores…I may have to find my stash from gosh 10-12 years ago…wonder if it still works…lol

2 Likes

That stuff does age. You’ll get better results with fresh.

3 Likes

You peeps are embarrassing me with all the stuff you are doing and I don’t even have my Gloeforge yet.
I do not know if I will ever post any projects.:grin: Keep it up.

6 Likes

WOW! That came out amazingly!!!

3 Likes

Oh, please DO post projects when you get yours…everyone is doing completely different stuff and we’ll all want to see what you do, too! :relaxed:

4 Likes

Missed a bit! :grin:

7 Likes

You must realize that your first project is now on the list for extreme vetting. :wink:

11 Likes

I thought that was happening with the puzzles! :slight_smile:

Anyway, @Xabbess loves weeding! :smiley: [quote=“Xabbess, post:1, topic:7658”]
Some of you may think I’m crazy, but considering my personality, I actually really enjoy weeding…the more intricate, the better.
[/quote]

3 Likes

It’s very possible they were missed…OR also very likely that they were inadvertently touched with the adhesive and got a coating of powder along with everything else. Everything is so small and close together, that has happened on occasion. A finer tip on the adhesive pen would help with that.

Nice job on the lips and eyes, by the way…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

20 Likes

Ha ha! You’re having way too much fun with this! Good job!

2 Likes

I love this! Have you ever seen those old Byzantine cloisonne medalions? This reminds me a lot of those.

1 Like

Hahaha! Don’t mess with a talented artist! Now you need to engrave them all, @Xabbess. I think it would make a cool collection.

5 Likes

No, I hadn’t. Just looked them up. Like this?

They are amazing. Much more though, than what I just made…but still, inspiring.

6 Likes