Stitching Pony

One recent day, I realized I wanted a pony. So, I made one.

I know, I ruined the joke with the post title. Findability beats out humor, I guess.

This is just a few layers of Baltic birch ply, a couple tiny pieces of medium PG leather and, an inexpensive cam clamp. It’s a little rough looking but, it works great. I am open to suggestions for improvement.

For a lot of people here, this can probably be made with scraps on-hand plus the cam clamp and, it might be useful for a fair number of folks. So, here is the Glowforge-optimized cut file, shared under the usual personal-use agreement:

EvermoreStudio_StitichingPony-GF.svg.zip (26.8 KB)

You can get the cam clamp from Amazon.

Post pics and experiences here, if you make one.

I am making videos of a lot of stuff I do these days for fun and practice. If you want to watch me make this, it’s up on YouTube:

All this, more photos and, resource links you don’t need are on my personal projects site.

49 Likes

Oh, nice, I’ve been wanting to make one, but keep being too lazy to figure out a pattern for myself. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

If I didn’t already have one, I’d be all over this! Yours is nicer—I especially like the built in clamp. Thanks!

7 Likes

This looks great. When I first got my GF and tried some leather, I bought one-I like this one better!

3 Likes

Thanks much!

2 Likes

Oh, nice! thanks for the share. I know where I’m going to get my cams…from my racing bike. They say, “Campagnolo”. (wheel quick releases)

2 Likes

This is great, thank you for sharing, I just got some leather and was facing the prospect of learning to sew it without one of these, now I can make one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Didn’t know what a stitching pony was, but I was definitely intrigued by the title of the post… good thing you also posted a video of what it’s for and how to use it. Great video too. I learned something new today!

3 Likes