Stool for Granddaughter, or hey look, mark posted something that is not for pegboard

Cut with Shaper Origin and track saw, engraved with Glowforge. Held together with cross dowels.

Still needs final sanding and painting by daughter.

32 Likes

I’m 46 years old. My childhood step stool was around at my Dad’s house at least until last year. I’m not kidding. It was used by every child and grandchild my parents ever had at their house. I have no idea where it is today.

You may have just made a family heirloom! Great job!

8 Likes

Nice! Don’t forget to update us with the painted version.

4 Likes

Definitely heirloom! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Can you provide another camera angle? I can’t make out the pegboard that I assume is back there somewhere…

6 Likes

That’s SO cute! Similar story to Tom_A’s, my kids had a step stool that my dad built and it was around for the next generation after that, too. Nice job, Mark. Say…while I’m thinking about it, could you make a step stool out of pegboard…sort of a dual purpose kind of thing? :wink:

3 Likes

I will. Hopefully Jill won’t be as dilatory about that as I have been making it!

1 Like

While I doubt their heirloom quality, I do hope they remain in use and something to remember me by.

3 Likes

Really Nice! Can’t wait to see the painted version.

3 Likes

Nice combination of tools!

2 Likes

I’ve several projects now that are twofers, but I want to do something that uses all three. CNC, glowforge, and 3d printer.

3 Likes

I have no doubt that you will!

3 Likes