Stop hatin'

Well since you ask… Yes, blatantly. You are constantly saying "I could fix that in five minutes “ and various other phrases like that.
No, no you could not. If there is a team working on a problem and that team has at least one Ph.D. in that specific field and it is taking weeks or months to complete then your statements along these lines are untrue, self-serving, and infuriating.

The sad thing is that you often have some good points but it is hard to take you at all serious when you spew such amphigory.

EDIT: spelling and grammer

13 Likes

Let’s face it folks… there’re some people you just wish you could buy 'em for what they’re worth, and sell 'em for what they think they’re worth. :wink:

(Damn autocorrect.) :smile:

10 Likes

Yes if it does really need weeks or months for a team of programmers to change the direction I would be wrong. However I would be very surprised if it is more than a two line change to reverse the Y axis direction and a one or two line change to iterate over the lines in an image in the opposite order. If that is the case I would be correct.

Very hard to say, so what I will do is try to knock up very small 3D laser printer myself and show you the code changes needed to make it engrave the other way.

5 Likes

???

3 Likes

Word: amphigory
pronounced: am’fi gor’ E
part of speech: Noun
Deff.: a meaningless or nonsensical piece of writing, esp. one
intended as a parody

4 Likes

Yeah, it was a spelling error (lose the “e”) … but I had to google it too, and was also tickled by that result.

Though I’m inclined to love all things Gorey.

3 Likes

I bet they’ll laser-engrave beautifully

3 Likes

:scream: this is what happens when dyslexics try to use sesquipedalians! Fixing.

3 Likes

I for one offer salutations regarding such loquaciousness. :smile:

4 Likes

Say what? :smile:

1 Like

lol i definitely wasn’t mocking, just momentarily quite confused.

2 Likes

Couldn’t blame you if you had. That e makes quite the difference.

3 Likes

These are all perfectly cromulent words.

5 Likes

geesh I don’t even fit in with the nerds…

9 Likes

a good tip to remember, even as the noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

3 Likes

Thank you Scalzi. ;D

Reckon i shoulda taken a foreign language in highschool.

1 Like

psh more like thanks mr groening.

1 Like

Never hear the word embiggens until I moved to Springfield

3 Likes

i don’t understand why; it’s a perfectly cromulent word.

3 Likes