STORAGE...drool

Visited macbeath hardwoods in Salt Lake City today. Didn’t buy anything but I mean whoa.

(My buddy for scale)

22 Likes

Hey! You’re in my neck of the woods!

That is some fantastic storage. I’d better make a trip up to visit them.

those are some serious mapcases.

1 Like

They have super long sheets of veneer in them.

They sell mdf core oak ply in 1/8”, and the veneer cutoffs are a good price. No lumber in 1/8” but if you can mill your own…

3 Likes

That’s where I get my BB 1/8" ply. I also picked up some Mahogany 1/8" ply a while back. Picked up some scraps from their bin in the back…you know, just lumber store stuff.

They will cut each sheet one time free, so I have them cut the 60"x60" BB ply one time at 20". Then I can fit it in my Sorento, and I can cut it down more when I get home. I set up a business account with them, and get a contractor price on everything. Good people there.

2 Likes

Yeah seemed like a good shop, a wide selection of lumber species. If you had a bandsaw and drum sander it’d be great for milling your own stuff.

Exactly.
I’ve been trying to convince my wife of that.

2 Likes

How do you walk out of a wood store with no purchases? I just don’t have that kind of will power.

1 Like

Welp I was in Utah and would have had to put whatever I bought in my luggage, so I had, like constraints, man.

2 Likes

cut down to 12x20, you probably could have gotten a nice stack in your carryon.

3 Likes

And they don’t weigh your carry on (unless you’re in a real puddle jumper, but seems unlikely out of SLC.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.