Street Fighter Wood 3D Engraving

It took a few versions but I’m okay with this one. It’s not perfect but it’s getting closer to what I had hoped it would look like. Got some more tweaks to do but for now this should get you ball park.

Material: Cheap birch ply from Home Depot (thickness .20)
3D Engrave
Speed: 750
Power: Full
Vary Power
Lines per inch: 225

14 Likes

It looks fantastic!

2 Likes

Wow, such texture! It really gives off a nervous energy vibe.

2 Likes

It is certainly dramatic but I think you might be better trying the dots method. Variable power provides different depths of cut, which works great if the image is tuned for that, but normal images are not, and the different levels of darkness are all dark with different depths of cut.

2 Likes

Thank you for the recommendation, I’m going to give that a shot. Any ballparks that I can start with on settings? I don’t usually use the dots but I’m interested in learning. If you have any pointers shoot’em my way I’m always on the hunt for good advice. It looks cool in person with the different depths but I can’t figure out how to show that in a still picture, it looks cool in videos though. Either way this was fun to work on I’m a huge fan of the game so it was awesome to see it starting to come together.

1 Like

With dots, you have to think differently. You want dark so deep enough to get that but your differences come in how close the dots are, If the dots are too scattered you cannot tell the shade, and if too close it is what you already have. If the range is too short you need a higher LPI. You will need a test of a number of settings to find the one that fits your image size and wood. but you will see a much better range of shades.

1 Like