Studio Logo for projects

I decided with all the projects I do, that I needed a logo. Since I am on a bunch of photography site/facebook groups and do some semi-professional photography at the hospital the creepy social media advertising AI sent me a promotion for PhotoLogo which looked pretty cool (and it was much, much cheaper with the code).

So i got the logo (and paid for the original file (i.e. AI file so I could use it for the laser). Anyway I like the logo, and used it today on the back of a project (which I will post). In the pack I got black on white and white on black (the AI file obviously can get set anyway). You can use the PNG files (particularly the white on black) as a masked watermark in Lightroom to automatically logo all your photos.

29 Likes

Wow. A signature that that belies the truism that doctor’s signatures are illegible. Pretty cool.

4 Likes

Or that the artists at photologo are good. My signature is completely illegible…

9 Likes

Looks good either way! :smile::+1:

4 Likes

Happy cake day! Will be a nice addition to your projects!

3 Likes

It looks very professional in an artistic way. Just not your main profession! :laughing:

4 Likes

Love it…very classy!

3 Likes

So @Xabbess and @henryhbk share an anniversary! :sunglasses:
Nice logo Henry!

4 Likes

Thanks for the hi-res png, I think I’ll use it for all of my projects :slight_smile:

(slightly off-topic, but I had a sales guy who worked for me who collected people’s business cards when he would get a drink at a bar while traveling…then he’d use that person’s card when he picked up a lady at a different bar/trip :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

They have a system in Second Life and the grids that someone figured out that the three numbers of a color could translate into xyz numbers of an object and create more complex objects than you could make in an arrangement of such basic solids as cubes, cylinders, spheres, and cones which is how they were able to have real time 3d when computers were not as evolved as they are now.

When I got involved these (called sculpties) were new and once I got decent in Blender I could make easily while most were overwhelmed. So while there were blocks to keep you from downloading work you did not create, you cold zoom in and get a screen shot and have a decent copy.

So while the basic colors were used by the program, the alpha channel was ignored so a grayscale design in the alpha channel would block the screenshot trick and Identify the original designer so the person liking one could go looking for more. I had the good luck to be assigned Dragon Ronin when I first went into Second Life and kept the name throughout the grids and still use it elsewhere on occasion. so my logo on the sculpties was…,
ammonite-shell3
Which with a texture would make this…

2 Likes

The environment mapping on the inner shell is a nice touch. Half-life supports real-time environment mapping? I guess GPU power is essentially infinite at this point. And of course we now have RTX from Invidia so we can do real-time ray tracing… When I started on doing 3D animations I was doing it on a non-GPU 68040 based mac. Yeah, raytracing was slooooooow. Then they added cluster rendering as a screen saver so any other mac or PC on the network running the screen saver could use it’s CPU in the background, which sped it way up to just painfully-slow!

1 Like

Such as it was. The key was always speed. In this case it is Sketch fab that has all the bells and whistles, but it could not have existed either in 2016 or 2010 as Second Life was getting underway, I still have my stores and still make a couple dollars a month but have not been in there in several years. Last time I cashed out there there was about a hundred dollars that evaporated so I will not let it go so long again.

Kitely posts real dollars every time it reaches ten dollars or more so they are more reliable, and the open grids in total are reaching the same size in total as one grows and the other shrinks. And when any one grid collapses it is only a small part of the total. Still I have only legacy stuff there also and have not traveled there in a couple years either after I lost all my presence not being able to have Internet for a couple of months.

1 Like

My first 3D in Autocad took 72 hours to render and I had to hide all the bits that would not show up.

Note that Half-Life and Second Life are different things.

4 Likes

I understand that there are large pieces of cloth for horses as well, but when I say something is pure horse sheet I am not refering to those, just as bull carp is rarely refering to a male fish.

Apologies if I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about Second Life and @henryhbk was confusing that with Half-Life. I will shut up. Carry on.

2 Likes

Comments always welcome :smile: It is easy to over-geek the thought, but I am pretty sure he was using the common derogatory just as folks called it AOhell when that company tried a similar business model.

1 Like

Amusingly we have large carp in the barn in a pool right near where the horse blankets are kept…

2 Likes

I was confusing the 2. In my defense I was on overnight call all weekend…

3 Likes

So you need to laser a sign now. “beware of the horse carp”

2 Likes