Sublimation Blanks for Glowforge

This is a piece of that Eucalyptus hardboard sublimated on the right with the picture on the left. I didn’t put anything on it this time and it came out better than ever. This was 350 degrees for 1 minute. The printer is an Epson 2720 from Office Depot that I put the sublimation ink into. The printer was $99 on sale. Sorry, the picture is sideways but I can’t figure out how to turn it on here.

7 Likes

Very nice. I went with the epson ecotank 2760 myself. Had no idea you could dump sublimation inks in the epsons til someone here posted about it. :slight_smile:

(Basically… people on this forum will get you in trouble. ALL THE TIME.)

5 Likes

The Epson is perfect for what I use it for and the ink is reasonable. This forum is like a master class and I learn something new every time I am on it.
Hope someday I can be of more help cause right now I am still in the learner phase!

4 Likes

Can you sub print on stone or slate?

Only if you treat it before hand with a polyester based coating.

Sublimation is the process of matter going from a solid state directly to a gas state without a liquid state. Like how dry ice doesn’t melt, it just evaporates (which by the way is how freeze drying works too).

Actually you can sublimate on nearly any dry surface that can handle the heat but most bonds are temporary. The pigments in sublimation printing will bond to polyester permanently.

4 Likes

:+1:

I was at HD today and asked for the Eucalyptus hardboard and they said they had never heard of it. Do you have a sku or barcode?

3 Likes

The only thing that you have to watch with acrylic is that the heat makes it flexible. Otherwise, it’s perfect to sublimate. The white really makes colors pop. Clear doesn’t really stand out unless you have it up against a white background or hold it up to the light. I think it would make a decent clear ornament.

2 Likes
5 Likes

FWIW, you can use 1/4 Baltic Birch, or stone. Some of the sublimation coating needs to soak into the material depending on the look you want.

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Not carried in my store… I’ll be making a road trip.

1 Like

Same here. I have to travel about 45 minutes to get some. Getting ready to order a couple sheets today actually. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Joplin is a decent sized city (nearly 250k metro area) but the nearest is in Rogers AR (in the land of Walmart)

2 Likes

I have 38 at one of my local stores $14.81 per sheet 1/8X4X8

2 Likes

Looks like if I want to pick some up in person, I get to go to Vegas.

3 Likes

Can you have them shipped to the store?

They won’t ship to my store and its only 50 miles, but I can have it delivered in the morning for $79. :thinking:… nope don’t think so. Road trip and Ruth’s Chris Steak House sounds like a better option.

5 Likes

Nope, it won’t ship to my house either. It’s ok, I don’t really need it, I was just surprised that I would have to go to Las Vegas to get it. Might make for an interesting excuse for a mini road trip.