Sublimation Blanks for Glowforge

Wow, I can have Home Depot ship it to the store if it’s not in stock anywhere around here. I have 5 HD’s within 25 miles of and there’s always something I need they none of them have.

5 Likes

1/8 in. x 4 ft. x 8 ft. Eucalyptus White Hardboard

[(201)](https://www.homedepot.com/p/1-8-in-x-4-ft-x-8-ft-Eucalyptus-White-Hardboard-447562/204727075(https://www.homedepot.com/p/1-8-in-x-4-ft-x-8-ft-Eucalyptus-White-Hardboard-447562/204727075

$12.32

2 Likes

And my store said the same thing until we found 72 pieces of it.

Internet #204727075

Model #447562

Store SKU #447562

4 Likes

SCORE!!!

9 Likes

I’ll takes those numbers to the store. Thank you.

My store had it piled up under something else. The employee looked at me and said you really want me to move all of this to get your eucalyptus board out? I said yes I need it.

5 Likes

It is really a find for the price. If you screw up it isn’t so painful. I have screwed up alot.

2 Likes

I’m impressed. It cut easy. It sublimated nicely. Only one issue. It also warped after I pulled it off the heat. That is going to be a problem for what I want it for if that continues to happen.

5 Likes

I would lay odds that like all particle board it adsorbed water from the air and differential heating or pores made the balance of shrinking more on one side or the other and set out with a weight to keep it flat the balance would restore itself, :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Wow! When I was there it was like 30,000. Eagle Pitcher was the big employer.

1 Like

Tried ordering off of the app today and still no go. I did however order some Purebond ply to try.

1 Like

Freeman Health is the big guy now. They have gotten bigger than Mercy (St. Johns) now, employing over 5000.

1 Like

May have to make a roadtrip thru there someday. Did you have an influx of people moving there to work remotely?

Right now there has reportedly been a marked increase of people coming from both coasts. Some reports say for taxes, some say politics. Houses are going up everywhere. We still have vacant land left from the tornado and its starting to get used again too. Funny thing after the tornado, even though about 1/3 of the city was destroyed our population didn’t suffer. Unlike New Orleans and Tuscaloosa, people remained after the catastrophe and rebuilt.

Makes a big difference if you have the capability, and access to resources like banks. A house that cost 40% of your income a couple generations ago in places like New Orleans cannot be rebuilt if it costs over 100% of the income from the same jobs. And this is often the case.

It is interesting that for those jobs that no longer require your presence. The cost of living matched the opportunity before, but all those places that had little opportunity and were a lower cost of living, now are very attractive to those where location does not matter. A version of this happened when folk could move to the (then) cheaper suburbs because the cost of transportation changed. Also the “retirement” states like Arizona and Florida where again income was severed from location.

1 Like

First map piece for my board game I’m working on hot off the glowforge and sublimated. :smiley:

10 Likes

This is gorgeous! What are you making? I can’t wait to send the final result!

BTW, did you do any type of tests to check the color? Like print something with some color palette to make sure everything looks the way it should? I’ve only made a couple of sublimation prints. I did one on clear acrylic and it looks pretty faded. I think I should probably go print either that same image on some hardboard or some kind of test print to see if the colors are printing properly. (I also might just need to adjust the print temp/time I used perhaps, or maybe what I got was just the expected result.)

Wow, $99 that was a steal!! I paid $200 for mine (same model). And right now it’s hard to find them in stock anywhere.

Hahahaha!!! What a great excuse to go to Vegas!

I used to live in a smaller city (like 100k-130k-ish) and it was often even hard to find stuff there. Now I live in the Denver metro area and there are cons, of course, but it’s nice to be able to easily go to at least 3 or 4 stores of the same chain within about a 10-15 min drive. lol

OMG. Seriously? SMH. Good for you. This really makes me :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

That is awesome! And they willingly made all of those cuts for free or did you have to bribe or pay them for that many cuts? Here it’s always a challenge to get cuts (finding someone, their saw actually not broken down, etc.). Now that we got a truck last summer, my hubby just cuts them at home. But that’s a bigger project (we don’t have a garage so he has to get everything out and set it up in our patio).

I’m making some other projects today but then I need to go make something with this hardboard!!! lol

They cut the width of it to fit the glowforge and I cut the rest at home with a table saw. It’s scary but I had to learn how to use it otherwise it would never get cut. I didn’t test before. I just printed it on the sublimation paper and then put it onto the whiteboard and into the heat press. 1 minute at 390 degrees. The paper sticks so I just hose it off and throw it away. The color is brilliant! I make earrings with it and so far I’ve managed to make pairs or close to it.

2 Likes

I love that! When it is hot just pile something heavy on it and it goes back into shape. If you wait till it cools it will stay warped.

1 Like

Love that!

1 Like