Sugar cookie test

Sugar cookie test my better half asked for me to try. Here are the results. Of course now she won’t eat it because it’s of her first and only grandson!

26 Likes

The engraving looks fantastic .

3 Likes

Looks delicious. You do know, I assume, that anything engraved in a Glowforge that has been used for non food items should not be consumed.

6 Likes

“Caution - Stunts performed by trained professional driver on a closed course… Do not attempt at home!” :wink: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

10 Likes

Would be fun to use as a decorative display for gatherings such as shower or birthday party.

2 Likes

Test another cookie with a spray poly sealer. (or something like that).
It is either seal these forever, or make her so many, she will get use to eating them.
Adrian may even get a kick out of eating his face on a cookie.

Wow! I’ve never seen such a well-rastered cookie!

Why is this if its been cleaned or the cookie has been put on a sheet or something?

Because the fumes and particulates of previous cuts (acrylic, wood, etc.) remain in the machine. I am repeating what others have said regarding food and lasering. When in doubt, why risk consuming something that could be harmful?

True. My thought on that is that they advertise engraving cookies in the machine and then engrave other items. I would be crazy to have just a unit to engrave cookies and that’s it. I myself have had the idea to engrave cookies in there for people as a service.

If you read through the forum, you will find that anyone choosing to engrave food is told to have a dedicated laser just for food. Engraving food as a service if you are not 100% sure of the safety, would certainly open you to some liability. Better to engrave stencils that people use to sprinkle powdered sugar or as a guide for fancy icing.

Agreed, but Glowforge should really refrain from advertising engraving on food then and then immediately showing engraving on something else haha

2 Likes

What were your settings to engrave on the cookies? They look great by the way.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.
We can only discuss settings for non Proofgrade materials in the Beyond the Manual section of the forum. Also, if you are considering doing this, you should test and determine your best settings.

1 Like

Cookies recipe message

I didn’t see what that link had to do with the cookie recipe? Looks like it went to a portfolio (and I didn’t even see the cookie there).

Not allowed to post laser setting - on this forum, of non proof grade material contact me through the website for what I used.

You are allowed to discuss almost anything including settings for non-PG materials or non-PG settings for PG materials in the Everything Else Beyond the Manual category. It’s a little carve-out from the GF lawyer’s concerns about settings.

1 Like

Nope. Settings for non Proofgrade material is to be discussed in the Beyond the Manual section, not Everything Else.

1 Like

Oops. Fixed it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like