Sunday Morning Project - Wee Mouse Charm

I’m fascinated at the detail you can get, even with acrylic! This pendant charm is cut from 3mm opaque and pearlescent sheet. Engraved and paint-filled details.

Anyone have tips on how to avoid or clean the dark scorch-marks left on the cut edge of light colored acrylics? I couldn’t fit a nail buffer into the tiny corners very well.

47 Likes

This is very cute…

…but not the kind of mouse charm my brain thought of. But how do you train them to wear the jewelry?

10 Likes

Very cool design. :sunglasses:

9 Likes

I’ve never used it for scorching on acrylics (I’ve never had that happen to me), but try some toothpaste. I’ve successfully used toothpaste to get some bad spots off caused by glue accidentally getting on visible places. Also, Novus plastic polish might work, as well.

9 Likes

Most of my acrylic scorch marks come off with Simple Green.
If it’s more embedded, then toothpaste is a great smoothing abrasive for acrylic.
I find it get it worst from back-spatter off the honeycomb, I know stick all my acrylic on bits of spare MDF just to raise the material off the bed.
No need to re-focus or anything, system handles all that for you.

12 Likes

This charm is so stinking cute!!

5 Likes

Fun! Love the cheese part!

3 Likes

so cute!

2 Likes

Just so precious!!

2 Likes

Adorable, but also a neat effect with the white paint!

1 Like

When you say no need to refocus the system does it for you, are you saying you deliberately don’t refocus? Just leave the settings on PG? Or you use the autofocus after?

The white mouse is just plain pearlescent white acrylic. The paint I used is pink, to fill the engraved details.

1 Like

I just let the system auto-focus

Aha. Well, it’s super cute!

1 Like