Super Simple Phone Stand

I was on a business trip recently where my phone would not stay up for watching video on the plane. Glowforge to the rescue. A quick little project and I have something that is small enough to keep in my bag, yet useful for when I need to prop my phone up. The pics show the example where I am going to make some for my coworkers… that is why there is a logo on there. The file is plain… create your own design.

The sample in the pics below is the Proof Grade Walnut.

Simple%20Phone%20Stand

55 Likes

The first time I ever heard about these little phone stands was here on this forum. I must live under a rock :wink:

Have you seen the similar design that is a keychain?

5 Likes

It’s be easy to just add a hole in the one end and bam! Keychain!

2 Likes

Added a couple extra designs.

16 Likes

That’s brilliant!

2 Likes

Easy, yet effective! Thanks for the share. Walnut is a nice choice.

1 Like

Simple! Effective (for phones with bezels)!

1 Like

Thank you for the design

1 Like

I like to “detach” from my phone as much as possible. However, have seen many people that must have these. Nice share!

Love this! What dimensions did you use for the cut?
Thanks!

New to the forum, but how do I download these?

Right-click on the file (the last image in the original post), and select Save.

This is awesome! Thank you for sharing!

Here is an updated version that has 2 different sizes… I was getting feedback on phones with thicker cases. 2sizedVersionClean

9 Likes

Cool idea! A quick gift for my team members!

5 Likes

Awesome! Love to see the customization. Nice work.

That is awesome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just printed this and the big cut out works on 3 sides of the life proof case on my iPhone XS. Without the case, the smaller cut out works. Neither work on an outbox case. Those cases are just too thick for anything. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I actually really really love the simplicity of the shape and design. Well done

1 Like

I’m a newbie. cutting my first designs right now… how do I get a copy of these files?