Supporting my team with a light up acrylic

Just thought I’d show a quick demo I made for my students to model and a way to show support for my favorite football team the Buffalo Bills. This was cut on the glowforge on draft board and clear acrylic. I used copper tape and LED’s along with button battery pack with a switch.

21 Likes

I support bills, every month I gave them ALL MY MONEY!!!

9 Likes

That’s lovely! I lived in Buffalo through the early 90’s so I’m familiar with your pain :stuck_out_tongue:

If you have interest in getting more light up to the Bill’s banner, you could leave the entire base as a solid item (instead of the posts) and scored/engraved the legs.

9 Likes

That looks great!

2 Likes

Nice! You’ll like doing these signs, they are a ton of fun.

2 Likes

Fun!

1 Like

Like this? I think it does look better and definitely you can see the colors better

5 Likes

Oh yeah!

I would like to make one of these as a gift, are there instructions anywhere, I am new to Glowforge. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum Mary! If the OP had wanted to provide the file, it would be in their first post - but Made on a Glowforge is mostly for showing off stuff you’re proud of, not sharing files. Free Laser Designs always has a free (for personal use) file attached to the post.

This is called Edge Lit Acrylic - and you can buy the bases pre-made from Amazon or equivalent fairly cheaply. The size of your cut will depend on the size of the hole in the base you bought/made, so that’s definitely the first step. As for how, there are quite a few posts on the topic! Check these out: Search results for 'edge lit acrylic #free-laser-designs in:first' - Glowforge Owners Forum

4 Likes

Thank you so much!

2 Likes