Sushi boat

Turns out they come apart easily :blush: I’m not sure what to put on the flag yet though.

This is the boat:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0B2LJ6SK4?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Settings I used was 700 speed, 65 power, 270 LPI. I did put shellac on it after to best seal it.

25 Likes

For that price it would be worth it to build one from exotic lumber and have one much nicer.

7 Likes

True, I think you could make a great one! I do little hands on wood projects. My hands always find a way to get splinters :rofl:

8 Likes

I have sewn far more needles into my fingers than collected splinters. And that is with a lot less opportunity for the needles. Working with the laser I have not even seen a splinter unless I took carving equipment to it.

6 Likes

OW OW OW!!!

I have put the needle in my sewing machine thru my finger more than once, and even thinking about it makes me wince. Having to reach over and manually turn the knob to pull it back out is an experience I’ll never forget - especially when it went thru the nail.

8 Likes

Cute little boat, but I’d have to make it a taco tanker or something other than sushi. :grin:
@eflyguy - me too!

7 Likes

The engraving is a great addition!

6 Likes

This looks brilliant, thanks for sharing your settings :slight_smile: I vote for three pawprints on the flag - not very imaginative I know! :paw_prints: :paw_prints: :paw_prints:

2 Likes

That has been my biggest fear with having a walking foot machine now. I can see it just taking in my finger and keep going.

3 Likes

I need to move back closer to good taco places :slight_smile: Our little town has a good sushi place but thats it.

3 Likes

My favorite tacos (besides homemade, of course!) are from Jack-In-The-Box. And the closest one to us in all the way down in North Carolina, a couple hours away. That’s a long way to go just for tacos. But one of these days we’re going to make the drive, and I’m going to order a whole lot before we get there and bring them home and put them in the freezer so I can have one when I want!