Sweet words distributor

To help my mother going through hard coming months I built this box that’ll give her a little ball every day at 9am. All balls contain a word written by someone from the familly or a close friend of her.

Mechanism is rather simple, just a motor turning a disc with 3 ball slots, a metallic bar is placed over the out hole to prevent balls from falling indefinitely when a hole of the disc is aligned with the out.

An infrared sensor checks if a ball fell to stop turning the motor.
And a real time clock chip keeps the time even when the box is unplugged.
The “brain” is an Adafruit Triket Pro 5V that had been waiting for years in my stuff.

To see a ball being distributed check out the 2nd picture of my instagram post :slight_smile:

49 Likes

That’s a lot of flex! Nice idea, I’m sure she’ll enjoy the support.

15 Likes

This is stunning.

13 Likes

Fantastic design. May your mother be cheered by the daily reminder of how much she is loved.

14 Likes

This is really lovely…both in design and in sentiment. What a lovely way to help your dear mother.

16 Likes

That is so sweet!!

11 Likes

Love’s labor is a beautiful thing to behold. You’ve brightened your mother’s day, and a whole lot of other people’s as well.

12 Likes

That’s beautiful! Both in execution and sentiment.

Are the words readable within the balls, or are the balls containers that she opens to read the word?

9 Likes

I am sure your mother will treasure this, much as she undoubtedly treasures her kind, thoughtful, and capable son.

8 Likes

This is so cool

6 Likes

Great idea!

4 Likes

Oh wow. That is so thoughful and such a sweet project for you to make for your mom! :heart_eyes: Hoping she feels the support every day from you!

5 Likes

Absolutely love this, what you’ve made and why you created it! Great job at making some memories for your family.

4 Likes

Such a thoughtful gift! Love all the detail. It’s simply beautiful!

4 Likes

This is wonderful - I love it! This would make a thoughtful gift for someone going through a great trial.

4 Likes

wow this is great. wondering what the balls look like (spherical I am guessing)

4 Likes

Thank you all for you super kind words that’s very appreciated :pray: :heartpulse:

@mark14 @deirdrebeth you can see 3 balls on the 3rd picture if you wish. These are 2.5cm diameter plastic balls that can be opened to get the note folded inside :slight_smile:
The box can contain around 80 balls

I wish I engraved the flexible wood but got no satisfaying idea. Varnishing some parts to create more colour variation would probably have been nice as well but i was a little rushed by some events and had to finish it sooner than expected :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Oo this looks wonderful. Great work!

4 Likes

Super Cool!

3 Likes