Switch storage box

So I finally got a switch after all this time. Favorite two games so far is hades and the untitled goose game lol. (What are yours?)

Anyways, I made a super clean looking storage box for it. I made a double layered lid (maple/walnut) for the cutouts of top layer to let the walnut shine through. I added some foam to the inside too lid just because it looks classy. Then added a dozen game cartridge holders built into the bottom center cradle holders.
It can hold/was made for the orginial switch (one with the tv dock option) only since I don’t have the lite version to test and make one with.

If you’d like to make your own, I have files to it in my Etsy here: Custom Laser Designs by FreshStartCustoms on Etsy

38 Likes

Great design, the contrast in the different woods looks so good! Did you end up with a reverse version as well?!

1 Like

It can be made opposite if wanted/needed since proofgrade materials run the same size in medium. That would look cool too but I have not made one like that yet.

1 Like

I’m a big fan of light over dark when using cutouts, looks really smart!

1 Like

Nice design!

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

Thanks

That looks really sharp! All of those little details really make this shine! I don’t have a switch but I know what I’d do if I did!

1 Like

Awesome Idea! My 2 favorite games are Animal Crossings New Horizons and my current obsession is Cosy Grove.

1 Like

Very clever design! I like your deep engraving as well.

Thanks, it’s actually a layered cutout with maple and walnut

1 Like

Oops! No wonder it came out so even!

1 Like

Nice design! Good choice of wood, too!

1 Like

Thanks

I’ll have to check them out

Nice. I should make one for my daughter

1 Like