Synthesizer cheeks

Going through the scrap bin at Tap Plastic, I got a nice big piece of 1/4" mirrored acrylic for a buck.
I’d been toying with a design for the end “cheeks” of a synthesizer I own, but had intended to use wood. A few revisions (a lot of revisions) later, I now have some snazzy new bling! You can see the stock wooden end-pieces laying on the table.

IMG_1176

72 Likes

Heh… The drummer from another mother, eh? I’d only read about them earlier this year I think it was. Never heard one.

Very nice accenting! Mirrored acrylic is pretty cool. I haven’t played with mine yet. I don’t imagine I’ll be blinging my Korgs the same way though. I’ve got a T3, Trinity, Triton, and an amazing 88 weighted Kronos.

2 Likes

Yes, I assembled it this year at Moogfest. I also have a Brother From Another Mother I made last year, and a Mother 32. I’ll probably be doing variations for those two as well, I just need more of the fun materials.

6 Likes

Lookin’ good with the bling! :sunglasses: :+1:

5 Likes

DiG IT!

2 Likes

That turned out sweet!

Is there any way to make a faceplate for the controls too? Could you imagine a backlighted panel?

1 Like

I didn’t know what to think when I read that title, but I sure do like your synthesizer parts. I want to get me some of that material.

2 Likes

Oooooh, that’s a very interesting idea. It is just a flat piece of silkscreened metal. It would have to be pretty thin, and possibly fragile.

2 Likes

This looks beautiful! Nice choice and good designing.

1 Like

That’s so much sexier than the original. Nice example of customizing gear.

1 Like