T.O.W on Rocks

Slate coasters from Blank Slate Coasters (Set of 4)

38 Likes

Those look awesome.

Oh yeah! Like the knotwork! :grinning:

Very nice, but forgive me, what is T.O.W. ?

I thought TOW stood for “The one with…” or "The one where"
Like how ever episode of Friends has a title like “The one with the monkey” or “The one with five steaks and an eggplant” or “The one where Old Yeller dies”. Fans just use a shortcut: “TOW the chicken pox”.

In other forums, it could also mean “the other woman”, but I don’t think that’s the intention here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

TOW — The One Wanderingwood?

1 Like

What is this “Friends” you speak of?

1 Like

Ah, a TV show apparently. I don’t watch much if any mainstream TV. Science and history channels maybe. Not a movie watcher either. Local news makes me tempted to destroy the TV, national news insures that I will.

The name my wife gave the GF while we were waiting for it… The Other Woman :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

In the military they have a missile called T.O.W. which is “Targeting On Wire”. As it flies, it pays out a thin wire behind which allows it to receive course corrections from the launch point.

1 Like

LOL, my brain immeditaley though TOW missile, as in Tube-launched, Optically tracked, Wire-guided

1 Like

This is exactly correct, it’s " Tube-launched, Optically tracked, Wire-guided"
it’s not “Targeting on Wire”. our company a few years ago programmed the machine that winds the “wire” for that particular weapon.

It’s very interesting how fast that very thin wire unwraps from the the launcher once the missile is launched. Without the proper winding, it becomes a rat’s nest instantly and the missile crashes.

Very cool.

This was my first thought, but the periods between the letters caused confusion.

Thanks for correcting. Always amazed at the use of wire - seems low tech, but I guess if it’s not broke, don’t fix it.

Understood, missed this reply yesterday. My wife once said that about my tractor. She said I took better care of it than her. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Delightfully done! :smiley: