I’ve been noodling around with Glowganberry and did some T-shirt experiments to see how they would cut. Just an average white T on its way to the recycling bin, thickness 0.05.
Ignore the text actually on the shirt- From the second line of text down:
Speed 1000 power 1 LPI 225 gives a very pale engrave Speed 1000 power 5 darkened it a little.
Speed 100 power 5 was way too slow and burnt the edges so I stopped the run.
Speed 500 power 1 didn’t cut through all the way
Speed 500 power 50 cut cleanly, slightly toasted the edges
Speed 500 power 25 didn’t cut cleanly through
Speed 500 power 40 almost cut clean but not quite
Speed 500 power Full (Basic) set it ablaze, you can see where it smoldered out in the lowest line of text.
Resuming at the very top was Speed 500 power 75, too much burn on the outside edges.
Then I tried out some basic fonts, no attempts at stenciling them or saving the counters, just to see what type would work best. I think the rounded blocky letters are going to be the best for T-shirts.
Last, I tested out the butterfly shape (I adapted it on Inkscape for cutting from artwork I found online, not my own). The smaller holes did well with speed 500 power 50 power but the larger ones needed power 75, probably because in my smaller tests the laser didn’t quite get up to speed. You can also see how the cut edges flopped over in the fan breeze because I didn’t use a sticky mat. I will definitely be doing that in the future.
The final project is a cutout T layered over a contrast navy, with the butterfly cutout.
YMMV. Show us your T shirts!