Tabbed Box Gluing Jig

A great design, I had cut another Job in Revolution Plywood and had just enough space for four finished pieces! For those looking for cheap material that will fit without gluing, the Revolution Wood was as precise as could be desired. I had to sand the corners a bit to get them started and use the power of a clamp to force them together and cannot get them apart without similar force.

Try out the parametric design I posted (there should be a link above).

The Parametric design allows you to make it any size you want, and for any material you have!

1 Like

The Revolution Plywood was what I had and the SVG fit that perfectly.
Looking I see that the “underlayment” ply you mentioned claims to be hardwood when all that I have seen was pine. but how many layers is it and most important the filler that is of no matter to saws is often laserproof and hiding in the most inconvenient places.

I bought some Birch from HD and this was what I got;

Any silhouette users here that could help me adjust this file??? I’m using 0.12 birch however my box is only 1” tall… & I’m not a file maker—- I’ll gladly pay someone, lol!

Have you tried making this? I think it would work for a 1" box.

His underlayment was 0.18…won’t have a tighter fit…

Thank you! This will come in handy!

You can shrink the file the appropriate amount in the GFUI if you don’t mind that the whole thing will be smaller. Figure out the percentage of shrink, select all, and multiply either the height or width number by that percentage for the new dimension.