Taking Glowforge home during Stay at Home?

Hello glowforge community. We’ve been issued a stay at home order in my area and my glowforge lives at my workshop. Stay at home goes into effect tomorrow afternoon and I’m debating on bringing my glowforge home. I haven’t moved it since it was brand new out of the box and I’m a little nervous. Is it safe to bring it home or is it better to just leave it if it’s not essential?

I have other things I could work on, but I thought it might be a great time to work on some glowforge projects I’ve had in my head and build up some stock of earrings and patches.

3 Likes

I’ll wager most of us have them in our homes. Just remember to secure everything properly before moving it.

Updated the link to what @eflyguy posted below.

2 Likes

You can move it as long as you put all the shipping restraints in place. It’s documented.

Whether it’s for a big move, taking your Glowforge to an event, or for any warranty repair, you’ll need to package your Glowforge properly with the original boxes, foam blocks, and important orange and red bits. The box is specially designed to protect your Glowforge through all shipments, domestic and international.
Leaving out any pieces can endanger your Glowforge. For example, if you move your Glowforge without the red knobs that lock the laser arm in place, you might break the laser tube.

3 Likes

No brainer, package it per instructions and use it in the coming days.

3 Likes

Long story short, I had to move from state A to state B during all of this. My glowforge stayed behind in state A as my box is kept in state B due to storage issues. I sooooo miss my glowforge. If you can pack it up as described above, take it with you!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.