Takitus in the Bay - MakerFaire Edition

Wow…what a great story and fantastic experience. You certainly deserve that award and should be very proud of that…as I know you are. I’m thinking you became incentivized enough anyway and that award put you over the top. Congratulations, @takitus! Good job! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Man what an awesome trip! Getting to meet not only part of the GF team but Will, Frank and the other guys, so cool!!

4 Likes

It was totally deserved. There are somewhere around 10 people on this forum that are my go to for different things. You are it for inspiration to raise the level of my game.

13 Likes

Totally deserved! So many awesome people here, that’s why I love this place! :smiley:

8 Likes

Congrats Takitus! It was great to finally put a face to the name! I’m really glad that all of you were able to join us in sharing with the world what a great product we’ve all made together. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

What a perfect Maker week! You certainly deserved the award as recognition for your talents and your relentless pursuit of perfection. Great to meet you and see your art IRL. And it IS even better in real life!

8 Likes

How wonderful to read this post! I’m so glad that you had such a wonderful week, and congrats on your great opportunity - it’s very well deserved :grin:

5 Likes

Well deserved! Congrats!

3 Likes

I came and hung out at @takitus’ booth a few times to hear him talk to visitors about his stuff and Glowforge and to take a breather from our own booth. He didn’t mention this, but he had fancy chocolates stashed away at his booth, which helped me get through a couple of those afternoons for sure. :chocolate_bar: :chocolate_bar: :chocolate_bar: !!!

38 Likes

Gotta love a happy ending !! Congrats on that ! Sounds like the entire weekend was fantastic !!! Looks like you deserved that award as well !!! !:+1:

4 Likes

Wow, nice booth!!! And congrats on the award!

2 Likes

I was glad to have you! It was always so nice when you guys would come visit! I only wish it wasnt so crazy so we had more time to chat. The least I could do was ply you with delicious treats to try to get you to stay =).

My friend who lives there has a huge addiction, and always has chocolate on him. Thats why I had so much. It was overflow from his stash. That chocolate however, led to a grave misfortune that I barely escaped from.

… at some point sunday some chocolate fragments bouncing around ended up in the power connector of my phone and melted. I didnt realize this until around 1am when I went to plug my phone in and it wouldnt charge. The whole connector got fried. I had the tools on me to disassemble my phone, but it was too late. Before I left the hotel I overnighted a replacement part to my house, so as soon as I got home I could replace it. This still meant that I was going to have to fly home communicationless. It was a harrowing experience. Ive never felt so helpless. The world is not designed to be without smartphones anymore…

Luckily I made it home ok, and even earlier than originally planned, ripped this thing out of my phone:

… and replaced it with a working one. I would have posted this thread on the flight home if I hadnt been stuck in the null comm zone.

Either way, I really enjoyed meeting all of you guys. I hope our paths cross again soon!

22 Likes

That’s a wild story! Offline by chocolate. :slight_smile:

I only wish we had more time to hang out there - it was an amazing experience!

7 Likes

WOAH :chocolate_bar: catastrophe! Glad you got it fixed, traveling with no phone is no good!

6 Likes

Not sure if it beats “Death by Chocolate” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

Note to self: Do not get chocolate on the “charging port” of the Glowforge. Probably not covered under warranty.

On another note, here’s what you could hear when etching a chocolate bar:

Hey, you got chocolate on my Glowforge.
No, you got Glowforge on my chocolate.
Hmm, looks, great, but tastes terrible!

14 Likes

Proof that wasting chocolate results in bad karma!

6 Likes

Not only did you bring by cool people for me to meet, but those cough drops and popsicle were a life saver! So nice to have a convention veteran around looking out for the little guys! Thanks again!

8 Likes

Sounds like a great trip overall and an awesome experience! Congrats!! :smiley:

My pleasure! :slight_smile:

1 Like