Tanto adjacent

Thanks so much for sharing the in process photos. So helpful for us with so much to learn.

2 Likes

That’s awesome. I thought the scabbard was wrapped leather when I first looked.

2 Likes

Truly amazing :heart_eyes: But I so want to put led lights in the handle that light up when you draw it :grin:

2 Likes

The curving of the scabbard with alignment pins is amazing and hurting my brain! Very nice job.

1 Like

Also forgot to mention to get the score line on the other size in the exact spot that i wanted it to be i cut the mirror image of the acrylic part of the bade out of some scrap i had laying around and used what i call the tp trick. Where you place a few shreds of tp along the cut line the scrap guide and then gently press the piece to be worked on into that slot. I’m sure it has been discussed before here on the forum but cant remember when.

After that gently remove any shreds that are too tall that can might cause issues with the print.
(this would be done on the laser bed obviously but its in the other room and i didnt think that far ahead for the pics to demonstrate hehe)

3 Likes

Oh that tp trick is clever.

1 Like

Beautiful

1 Like

So that’s what people are using all that toilet paper for! :smile:

5 Likes

That and i think people are eating it, If prepared properly it can be quite delicious.

13 Likes

That looks SO real. Great. :blush:

4 Likes

Turned out great!

2 Likes

Wow the layered stacks for the handle and sheath have such a great look for this!
Awesome project.

2 Likes

This is freaking awesome! I want to use aromatic cedar and was wondering if it was safe to engrave or cut on the GFpro. Do you use it regularly? Where do you get it from? Settings? Thanks in advance. Again, totally awesome!

2 Likes

Thx :), As far as I know aromatic cedar is laser safe but don’t take my word for it. Use it with engraves and cuts from time to time not very often but that is only because i dont tend to design for it. Purchased from a wood supply chain here in canada called “windsor plywood” but im sure it can be found elsewhere or online. The stuff i bought was designed for lining cabinets and things like that. came in a pack of 10 board around 4-5" wide and about 5’ long with a tongue and grove milled into the edges. settings will depend on what you end up picking up but for me i use the same settings i use for 0.200" plywood and it works great.

3 Likes

I need to not let my children see this.

5 Likes

Was a really fun project :slight_smile: but I can see it causing some chaos hehe

1 Like

I found some really nice aromatic cedar boards at the Grocery sold to cook fish on! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Why?

Why do you say that?

1 Like