Taskboard Masquerade Mask

I’ll put wings on my list of future laser thursday projects!

5 Likes

I love the dimensionality you got from the Taskboard and layers! The chains and leather fix are great touches as well.

2 Likes

Count me in on team wings-out-of-coathanger-wire, albeit 15 years ago.

6 Likes

You must have been a very interesting kid, growing up.

3 Likes

15 years ago I wasn’t a kid. :wink: It was a project for a friend who was going to Burning Man.

5 Likes

I stand by my statement. In my experience people who do interesting things as adults were probably doing interesting things as kids.

8 Likes

I continue to nurture, and cherish, the child in me that overrides adult logic and allows me to buy things like a GF! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hahaha!
Yes, if you ever grow up all the way, something has been lost.

6 Likes

Lovely project and well done! I am curious about the Taskboard properties. what happens if your finished mask gets wet? I’ve seen other materials that can be molded with heat, but if they get hot again, they lose the molded shape. In a part of the world with exceptionally high heat and lots of humidity and rain, I wonder if costume parts will degrade with sweat and heat the way my temporary hair dye did. (Rivulets of bright blue running down your neck from your hair don’t exactly “make” the look - LOL!)

2 Likes

Heheh, Rough on the pillows too…

3 Likes

A quick trip to the shower took the color right out, but I’d hate to have something structural in a costume give way.

3 Likes

Great question. We wondered outside at one point and it had started to rain, I panicked and told everyone dramatically that “I’m melting” and ran back inside to a chorus of wicked witch jokes. I’ll find some scrap task board and check this out for you. I bet that it will absolutely deform again. I wonder if a fixative spray or something waterproofing would help - task board certainly takes sprays really really well.

2 Likes

A quick dry spray sealing coat would absolutely help.

2 Likes

Hairspray peeps…nuff said.

1 Like

I currently have neon green and blue permanant color hair…when I first get it done and for the next week or so, I try very hard not to sweat because the color DOES drip down…lol

3 Likes

Coat it in several coats of shellac or polyurethan maybe?

2 Likes

you ain’t jokin’…

8 Likes

Yeah, definitely. Can confirm, if wet again it becomes equally pliable as the first time.

4 Likes

Wow.

2 Likes

On you hair?:smile:

2 Likes