Taskmaster and Dragon Princess EVA Costumes

Finally posting last year’s Halloween costumes for the kids. First GF project!

Normally I would do this all with X-actos and utility knives, but since I had just acquired my new GF the month prior, I dove in using it instead! So, pretty much the first thing I made. *The helmet and horns are patterns that I purchased, not mine. I did create everything else from scratch, though. Thank you to the community and @actressbug11 for some insight on safety and settings!

Colors on Taskmaster are exaggerated, because he would glow in black light. Also, forgot to use low density foam on the horns, so seams show. One of my favorite things I found while playing, was the ability to score and engrave patterns and textures into the foam, which would not be feasible with a knife!

58 Likes

So cool

5 Likes

Awesome!!

7 Likes

That is really cool.

I had not played with EVA foam until recently. It is fun to play with, but I have never even imaged doing something quite as extravagant as you have pulled off here!

8 Likes

Thanks for sharing this with us. Hopefully you are already in preparation mode for Halloween this year. The other parents in the neighborhood are probably a little stressed by your talents.

9 Likes

These turned out great!!

6 Likes

I SO wish I had had this when making costumes for my son. he was a Bionicle one year, (Tahu) and It would’ve been so much nicer…

6 Likes

Those turned out amazing!

7 Likes

Nice work! the horns are :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

These are absolutely brilliant! I love the textures you engraved onto the foam.

6 Likes

Wow, I wish I was your daughter! I just love her costume; the hair! the horns! iridescence! glitter!

10 Likes

Not sure who they are suppose to portray, but you nailed it…
Epic.

5 Likes

Did you have issues with the Eva shrinking? I’ve heard that’s a big issue on the glowforge

2 Likes

Really amazing work! The addition of patterns is next level!

4 Likes

These look fantastic. Almost makes me want more kids….almost

4 Likes

Sure, a bit. Not horrible, though. The worst issue is really that the heat rounds the edges a little bit, so when you go to glue a seam, it’s more noticeable. I didn’t mind for these, but if you wanted the part line to blend/disappear, then cutting with a knife or using a filler would be necessary. The shear speed of the cutting was worth the loss of material, though, I think.

3 Likes

So what I’m hearing is, size slightly bigger so you can trim the bad stuff?

Yes, I would size just a little bit larger to negate the material loss. The laser cut edges are nice and smooth, though, so there’s nothing “bad” to cut off.

2 Likes

And to make room to grow :rofl:

3 Likes

awesome work! your a pro!!!

2 Likes