The project production continues (It pays to design in advance to receiving the machine)
This is a Tea Boat, designed to receive water from spills or cleaning in the tea process. I already had one, but it was all wood and started to warp from humidity. So I designed a new one.
Made from 1/8" PG Maple Plywood (1-1/3 sheets), 1/8" PG Clear Acrylic (2/3 Sheet) and PG Walnut Veneer (1/4-1/3 of a sheet).
There is an acrylic box nested inside the wooden one (I could have detailed and cut the wooden box on the sides but decided not for visual reasons)
I decided to have a simple finger joint with the thickness of the material has the teeth height, but I didn’t realized the acrylic wasn’t exactly 1/8" but a bit thinner and so, the nesting is a bit too tight.
I have a Hexagonal design thing and so, I had to include it. Which is why the holes are hexagonal.
The 1/8" cover is a bit light for my cast iron pot, but it holds for now. Also the inlay isn’t graceful/ perfect (I hid a lot of mistakes there) but I would need to better beta test before for the next one)
The only thing missing is a good coat of varnish for protection.