Teeny Shoe Box with Shoes

My dad worked for International in St. Louis for ten years, travelling all over Missouri setting up shoe production lines in the many shoe factories in the state. We moved to Sedalia where he took a job with a small women’s shoe manufacturer.

I have the best sister-in-laws because my brothers wooed them with discounted shoes. I know my dad would appreciate these mini shoes. Very nice work.

And that is small factory not small women!

7 Likes

These are amazing. My Elegoo Mars is collecting dust, but these make me want to put it to work.

5 Likes

Very nice shoes! Love the whole package!

5 Likes

They are fabulous!!! Love your work so very much.

Thank you for sharing your methods. Awesome work!

I continue to block my mind from hearing Elegoo Mars. There just isn’t enough time to do all the things I enjoy now.

7 Likes

I’m glad you clarified that, for that’s exactly what I thought (even though I figured out what you meant!) :rofl:

2 Likes

Omg! I love these!!!

2 Likes

I loooooove miniatures, I’ve been making them for around 25 years! The technology these days is making it easier for us, miniature enthusiasts! :slight_smile:
Your shoes are GORGEOUS!!! :heart_eyes:
Can I ask what brand is your 3D printer? I know nothing about these and am looking to purchase! :slight_smile:
Thank you and good job again! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I recommend a resin printer vs filament for miniatures. I’ve never worked with a filament printer but my understanding is that it is hard to get the tiny details on that type of printer. A lot of people are not fond of resin printers due to the mess but it doesn’t bother me.

I’m in love! Do you sell your items publicly at all?

WELCOME Americale!
you will love this place, we are a friendly group!

Jonathan

I’m really impressed. I have a 3D resin printer but have never been able to use it because I just don’t get the software. I bought it (and the Glowforge ) primarily to make minis - I like quarter scale (1:48) and smaller and things are hard to find.

Not so far, but if I decide to I’ll let you know! FYI, on Etsy you can find many mini shoes. They range in price from about $10 a pair to $25 and up depending on detail.

The software I use is all free. When I buy a model it is usually designed only for use in digital assets like games etc, so it consists of a one-sided shell that can’t be printed (it would be like .02mm thick and would fall apart). So I open it in Meshmixer and add thickness to the layer, usually by using the Make Solid command. Once I get the model looking right in Meshmixer I save it as an STL. I open the STL in PrusaSlicer and add supports, then fill up the bed layout with multiple copies. I save this file as a Prusa .sl1 file. Then I open that file in UVTools, where I can have the software look for problems (islands and traps) and fix them. Then save the file as a CBDDLP file, which is the format that my Elegoo Mars printer requires. It does seem like a lot to do but once you’ve done it a few times you get pretty good at it. There are tons of YouTube videos on most of these apps. I would especially check out Maker’s Muse for Meshmixer.

2 Likes

I have no idea what these file names mean or anything. SVG, PNG, vectors…this kind of stuff I’ve taught myself, but the 3D stuff just seems completely and overwhelmingly alien.

Thanks so much!
Keep up the great work, can’t wait to see more! :heart_eyes: