Teeny Shoe Box with Shoes

I keep seeing these teeny shoes on Instagram. I just had to make some. I did them with my 3D printer (it’s an Elegoo Mars resin printer), and lest you think this is not a Glowforge project, I did make the paper shoe liners and the shoe boxes with my Glowforge! The laser cut the tiny boxes perfectly with the gold-foiled logo centered on the lid. But I’m showing the shoes because I know there are a few mini enthusiasts on here that might be interested.

I bought the file on CGTrader (it was this one) but I had to do quite a lot of work in Meshmixer before I had a printable STL.

Since I had plenty of room on the printer bed, I made a bunch of shoes:

I also 3D printed the table and I made the rug.

Here’s a pair of shoes next to one of my size 8’s (I don’t own any super glamorous shoes for comparison).

If you are interested in knowing how I got the logo (which I designed so I wouldn’t have to worry about IP problems if I decide to sell these) to come out in gold foil: I printed the logos on the card stock in black laser toner, then I used a heat tool (like you use for woodburning and such) with a rheostat to turn down the temperature, and toner reactive foil.

56 Likes

Very interesting process for the gold foil logo. These shoes are fantastic!

7 Likes

Tres chic! (I know a couple of gals who would add them to their shoe collections.)

8 Likes

Love, love, love these!

7 Likes

OMG I love shoes and I love miniatures! So, of course I LOVE LOVE these. Sooo cute!!

6 Likes

Ok, I’m an old guy with no real interest in fashion, women’s or otherwise, and these are so freaking cool…

12 Likes

These shoes were made for walkin’ through Tiny Town! You have fancier shoes than I do by a long shot.

Please, tell me more about the rug. Needlepoint? X-stitch? Punch needle? I’m of a fan of all of your minatures.

7 Likes

Oh dear, you are going to be disappointed. My method was much lazier than any of those.

I taped a scrap of a damask linen napkin to a piece of card stock and printed photo of a rug on it through my inkjet printer. Then pulled threads on the ends to leave a bit of weave (don’t know what to call it but I know you do) and trimmed it to a fringe length.

11 Likes

my girlfriend asked ‘what size are they’ I think size .0002

9 Likes

HAHAH OMG I just realized your logo, its “GlowForge” !!!

3 Likes

I’m not disapointed at all; that’s a brilliant solution! I see discarded linen napkins at the thrift store, and it hurts my heart to know such valuable fiber has been brought so low.

Another thing: (unless you must meet certain specs,) why do a thing in a complicated manner, when a quicker method that gives good results is available?

I have photos of most of the Persian carpets I used to own; this may be a way to “bring them back” and make smallrug wall art.

Thank you so much. I’ll post my results if it works out for me.

5 Likes

These are simply amazing! I love them. Had there been no comparison, I might have thought they were life-sized. You’re SO good!

3 Likes

Now I want 3D-printer!!!

Your creativity is so inspiring!!!

3 Likes

Haha—hate to disappoint you but in fact the initials are “CS.”

2 Likes

Ooooo, do it!

3 Likes

Well… I’ll admit right up front… miniatures aren’t my thing. But WOW!!! You have done an INCREDIBLE job on everything you presented here!

4 Likes

They are STILL AWESOME! but if you turn your head sideways and squint YOU DO SEE “Gƒ”

Macgeek

2 Likes

Absolutely love these!! And the detail on the table - WOW!! You made that on a 3D printer? I may have to do some investigating - and spend a great deal of time convincing my husband of the need for one!

5 Likes

Wow every detail on these is perfect and the effect is amazing! They even look like they have leather soles :astonished: How do you get the different colours? Are you printing them in these colours or painting them after? Also, how do you display them?

5 Likes

I primed the shoes with a gray spray primer then painted them with Vallejo model paints. Beige inside and underneath, colors on the outside. I did have to use a lighted magnifier to do the detailed painting. To get the glossy finish I coated them with uv resin and cured under a uv lamp.

8 Likes