Test Tube Vase With Skyrim inspired decorations

I wanted to share this simple test tube vase. I had a test tube left over from one of those fancy vanilla beans, and instead of throwing it out, I wanted to make a stand for it. I was inspired by some Art Deco artwork from the Elder Scrolls: Skyrim video game. I used PG Thick Clear Acrylic. Thought I’d share it here in case anyone else finds themselves in the same situation :slight_smile:

Here’s the SVG file:
test tube vase

65 Likes

Not sure how to make the SVG file bigger. Suggestions? The link is there but the image is tiny.

In the link you’ll see something like X=20, Y=30. If you just edit the line by adding an extra 0 after each the posted image will be bigger. Make it something like X=200, Y=300.

4 Likes

That’s very elegant! I love that anyone who didn’t know Skyrim would just see vaguely art-deco art, but someone who recognizes it sees it entirely differently :smiley:

3 Likes

What a neat design and thank you for sharing. I was trying to move it to the Free Design section for you, but for some reason that section won’t take tags. If you don’t mind deleting the tags, you or I can move it over where it belongs.

2 Likes

I think I moved it. Let me know if that doesn’t work.

2 Likes

You did it!

1 Like

Thank you so much. The vase is beautiful.

2 Likes

Tags is how they get stuff to sort in their advertising, so only MOAG has them.

2 Likes

This is gorgeous! I’m a huge fan of acrylic anyway, so this was appealing to me right away. I also happen to have some of those vanilla bean tubes…so thanks for a great and lovely way to use them.

3 Likes

Very modern classy design. Great work. :blush:

2 Likes

Very nice. It has a Frank Lloyd Wright feel to it.

3 Likes

Very nice share! Thanks!

1 Like

Wow, that’s gorgeous

1 Like

Oh, that is really lovely—thanks so much!

1 Like

Wow, neat!! Skyrim on the PS4 was my gateway game. :upside_down_face: Very cool of you to share!

1 Like

looks so clean and elegance about it, very nice!

1 Like