Testing my Medal

Sure looks like an acrylic piece…and probably extruded. The engraving in your photo looks good to me, so if it’s not working now it sounds like it would be a focus issue.

It is a medal for a basketball tournament this weekend. I used the same settings this morning and it wouldn’t work. So not sure what happened.

It is a medal for a basketball tournament this weekend. I used the same settings this morning and it wouldn’t work. So not sure what happened. How do I fix the focus issue?

What settings did you use?

The settings were speed-1000, Power 52, Lines per inch 450, focus .5 (also tried auto)
But we tried several others. It would engrave 2 spots, then nothing.

1 Like

Again, what is the material? Also is it really 1/2" thick?

Good Point. I will fix that.

Is it acrylic?

pulling teeth, here

Zooming in, it actually just looks like plastic, which could be bad depending what it’s actually made from. I hope the fumes didn’t already damage the machine.

1 Like

It’s not plastic. It is coated with something. It’s a light metal I believe.

Metal can’t be engraved like that at all. To me, it looks like extruded acrylic…which is plastic.

I used your settings last night and worked decent. Now trying to do the 3rd place medals and it doesn’t work like it should. I feel like it isn’t going deep enough. Did you ever find any settings that worked?