Texas (Lone) Star Quilt Stencils

Multilayer stenciling is really hot right now in the papercrafting world. So I designed a set of stencils that when used as directed, can reproduce the look of a Texas Star quilt.

There are only three stencils, and each one does half of the stenciling for each color. Then you flip it over on the long side, match it up to the already stenciled bit, and color again. That way you generate a 3-color quilt as pictured in the example (colored in with colored pencil). Or you could color the quilt with up to 6 different colors, although it might look pretty chaotic. I’ve done four and that worked great as well.

Here is the design file if you want to try it. Please, personal use only.
Texas Lone Star Quilt Stencils.pdf (39.5 KB)

24 Likes

No registration pins or anything, you just eyeball the alignment? It’s a great result however you did it. :slight_smile:

Also, is that Mylar? And if so what thickness?

10 Likes

7 mil Mylar. And yep, just eyeball it.

9 Likes

Great design which led to a great result.

9 Likes

you could avoid having to eyeball it by just using any object w/a 90 deg angle. like a T square. just stick the paper into the corner, then put the stencil on and line it up. no eyeball required.

that, of course, presumes it puts the image where you want it, likely because the paper would be the same size as the stencil. but preplanning that if you’re using it on the same size paper all the time would make that work nicely.

10 Likes

Yes. In fact I did do that. The designs are centered on a 4.25 x 5.5 rectangle, which is the standard A2 card size.

It would be a simple matter to include registration marks if a person wants them, though.

9 Likes

Great project!

8 Likes

This is beautiful. Thank you for the share!

5 Likes

Lovely!

6 Likes

Awesome! Thank you for sharing your work. Layered stencils are the best!

5 Likes

That turned out really nice! Thank you for your generous share!

1 Like