Thanks to Everyone!

It really was a lucky day when I wandered in here, I had no idea…
The machine is wonderful, but the community around it was instrumental in my education and inspiration!

4 Likes

Yeah and we’ve sure had a lot of fun too. :grinning:

(What have you been working on lately? I need my fix of stunning artwork.)

3 Likes

I’ve been occupied with too long a to-do list of stuff I had been ignoring, and now the price must be paid at the expense of my creative indulgence (I still wipe down and hug my glowforge regularly).
Then there is the unexpected “treats” that life on Earth drops on your head. The latest is vehicle problems, so I put on my mechanic’s hat to get my fair share of battle scars and grease under my finger nails.
The result is I have been living vicariously through the wonderful work of our community that has been on display. :no_mouth:

On the burner is Caribbean theme earrings for the bride’s maids, and personalized engraving of humidors for the groomsmen. Those files are still evolving.

3 Likes

Oh, I can’t wait to see them! (Marine-life themed I hope? You do those so well.) :sunglasses:

I hear ya on the putting things off…I’ve done it about as long as I can. I’m going to have to start scaling back on my fun time (aka forum) and get the old nose to the grindstone before I wind up being featured in an episode of “Hoarders”. :smile:
(I refuse to hire a maid to deal with it…that would just be me being lazy.)

2 Likes

Exactly, I have that same argument with myself, but that doesn’t stop the thought from circling back with annoying frequency.

2 Likes

Got you beat @Xabbess—I’m up to 887!

5 Likes

843 here. I’m with you James, scary - but I have been richly rewarded for that investment in multiple ways!

3 Likes

739 and 29 days read here.

1 Like

Welcome!

:scream: 915 and 33 days for me… I can’t let my wife see these stats!

3 Likes

Hey @plhalle, what kind of forum do you moderate? Is it a Maker forum?

Either way, welcome to the group and I’m glad you decided to get a Glowforge so you could talk to us. :grinning:

@joe - you’ve got darned near as much time logged in as @dan and @rpegg.
What were you guys getting up to in the beginning? :sunglasses:

1 Like

@Jules it is a user forum for a German tool manufacturer of primarily woodworking tools - Festool.

2 Likes

Oh, you’ve probably got a lot of great tools to play with. :grinning:

:roll_eyes: :rofl: It’s all good to me, @cynd11!

I am fortunate. Every birthday, holiday, and family vacation has been used to build my business for more than 20 years. The Glowforge brings capabilities and opportunities to me that are mind boggling.

So will many of my posts here be wood related? I anticipate so. Will they be based solely on the Glowforge? Probably not. I see the GF as an ancillary tool working in concert with others. Exercising it strengths and enhancing the productivity provided by others.

Peter

4 Likes

Good! We all like to play with tools! :smile:

1 Like

425 days but 38 read, I feel so new now and unworthy :slight_smile:

1 Like

That ain’t too shabby! :smile:

I just looked - 1.0K days. I’m amazed. I can’t believe it’s been that long. Apparently I was much younger when I first discovered this place.

And apparently I’m not as ADD as I thouht…:grin:

5 Likes

It depends. Can you recall all of those messages read, or do they just feel like a tickle at the back of your conciousness?

2 Likes