That feeling when

…you finally get your GF Pro delivered today, but are in the process of remodeling/fixing the house you just bought, and packing to move in 2 weeks, so you had it shipped to the new address and have to put the unopened box in the detached garage/shopspace (that still needs electrical service run to it), because the hardwood floors are being refinished currently and the house is inaccessible for the rest of the week, and you can’t even open the box to check it out in the dark or even use it at all for a while…

Officially no longer a beta tester! :smile:

34 Likes

I don’t know that specific feel, but I can sympathize.

8 Likes

HA! I’m in a similar bucket but I have a slightly shorter wait (my non-pro arrived today too!).

I specifically worked from home today to wait for UPS, so couldn’t play with it until I was done working, then had to make sure the space was cleared properly (it was a little bigger than I thought!), then friends came over and distracted me until around 9:30 so I had help in getting it to the second floor, but too late to measure the window and get the exhaust hooked up. So that will be the first thing I do on the way home tomorrow! Then there will be LASERS :star_struck:

Still, congrats on the new house! It’ll be awesome to get things set up the way you want them right off the bat! :smiley: I suspect I’m going to need a more stable table… let the “upgrades” begin :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

I assume you’re somewhere warmer than I am, and you may know this already, but just in case those two things are not true… Make sure you don’t store that GlowForge somewhere where the coolant inside will freeze. You don’t want to crack your laser tube before you even get to play with it.

3 Likes

Yeah. :tired_face:

2 Likes

I’m here in Seattle. Don’t think it’ll go below freezing, but it’s definitely cold outside…

1 Like

The first year I had a K40 I kept it in the garage (unheated) and left the pump running 24x7 so it wouldn’t freeze. The second year we had a stretch of sub-zero weather and along with the cases of soda in the garage that exploded, so did my K40 tube :slight_smile:

One reason for the GF was that it could live in the house (with the filter). With the PRU I just moved it to the basement and vented via the window like everyone else.

3 Likes

What is the freezing temperature of the coolant? :thinking:

1 Like

This evening mine got scheduled for delivery tomorrow and I’m on the other side of the country. UPS My Choice won’t let my choice be a Saturday delivery so hold for pickup it is.

For the last few weeks I’ve been telling everybody it would get delivered while I was out of town. Got that one right.

5 Likes

I hear you, believe me. My Forge was delivered yesterday; same day I developed a moderate level cold. Headache and all is making the setup of the Forge too overwhelming to contemplate, so it sits, mocking me, in the workshop. :persevere:

2 Likes

Not sure for the GF. They haven’t released that info. To be safe, I’d make sure to keep it above freezing and operate it only within the operating temperature specifications posted on the website.

For the K40 you use water with an additive - since there’s absolutely no support for those it is up to the user to decide what to do. The general consensus is to use distilled water with a little (1%) bleach to act as an algecide. Those of us in freezing environments tend to also add a quantity of DowFrost but it’s a WAG as to how much - in my case, not enough :slight_smile:

1 Like

I feel your pain, friend. I’ve had my Pro for weeks and I’ve only done a handful of prints because every. single. darned. second. is either taken up with my consulting work or my baby. I stop in here when I’m supposed to be doing other things. :confused:

3 Likes

I believe the manual says that the GF cannot be kept in temperatures lower than 40 degrees Fahrenheit / 5 Celsius.

1 Like

Good luck with a UPS delivery in January to a third of the U.S.

2 Likes

Yes. Mine is likely to be delivered mid-January if the current schedule holds. Think I will opt for pickup.

And good luck shipping to central-latitude Canada between October to April…

1 Like