The Arcade

Hi Everyone! I’m back with another one. This one started with an experimental bubble gum machine and then I had to build something around it. The thing I like most about this one is that while I was working on it, I realized that neat and clean and orderly is a wonderful thought, but things that are out of place tell a story about how they got there. The bubble gum that got stuck to the blinder of Pac Man because the player reached level 20 and now it’s serious and they can’t have THAT kind of distraction, while another player has already laid claim to next game. The soda cup on the pinball machine…uh oh, somebody’s breaking rule #2 while they try their luck at the claw machine. The spilled coin bucket was probably some bumbling love-struck idiot that stumbled when the cute girl said “hi” to him.

Thank you for stopping and taking a look, and for all your kind comments on my other works. I hope you enjoyed the nostalgic trip down memory lane. Until next creation, Happy Forging!

78 Likes

Love to stop and look at the things you make. Really Really like this one. C
an’t wait for more.

10 Likes

LOL! I was reading the “rules” and noticed the drink on the pinball machine. Then I read your commentary; so funny!

Thanks again for sharing your genius with us. These are just so amazing. So much detail I can just stare at them over and over!

12 Likes

Superb!!!

9 Likes

I remember Tron!

11 Likes

Takes me back to my pinball days. Thanks for sharing.

9 Likes

Another extremely great project! Your brain must never stop! I think this is by far your best one - yet - because we know you’ll do something even greater!

10 Likes

This is amazing.

6 Likes

Bro that is sick!!

5 Likes

Whoa! This is so GREAT! L :eyes:k at the vending machine!!!

9 Likes

I have definitely played in that arcade!

3 Likes

Wonderful detail! How many of those gumballs did you lose in the carpet?

4 Likes

As someone who used to run an arcade and repair the machines, I thank you for the blast of nostalgia!

6 Likes

Your stuff just keeps getting more amazing all the time! I’d like to shrink down and play in that room.

4 Likes

Exceptional work on every aspect! And I love the flair that the storytelling gives.

5 Likes

This, as usual is awesome!

5 Likes

So much detail. Really love this one.

5 Likes

Best yet.

3 Likes

I love your work. Sorry if I missed this in a previous post but how much of this is made on the GF versus other ways? Do you mind elaborating on what isn’t made on the GF? thanks!

3 Likes

No problem. I used the GF to cut out the pieces for the machines from 1/16" chipboard, and the acrylic pieces (claw machine, pinball machine, vending machine, arcade sign) from PF medium clear acrylic. The coins I cut on the cricut from silver stock, a hole punch was still too big. Wooden dowels and buttons for the table and gumball stand, the gumball machine is a an upside glass bottle set on top a cardstock cylinder with a button and paperclip wire top glued on. The buckets are printed on cardstock, cut and rolled, with thread around the top for what is normally the rolled edged. The stack of buckets is a cardstock cylinder wrapped in thread with just one bucket on top. This one was also inkjet printer heavy (vending machine panel and contents, posters, rules sign, panel images on each machine). Red pipe cleaner for the rollers of the carpet cleaner in the corner.

9 Likes